Can be used for 1st – 3rd
Mostly used with 2nd and 3rd students.
Includes: PDF, 14 pages
Dance activity pack for grades 1 & 2 with worksheets to help students easily create their own dance phrases.
These easy-to-use, “roll a dancing” activities will help students create their own dance phrases that focus on space and body. Students will use a roll of the dice to select different dance prompts. The worksheet will help them create a plan and then they’ll practice and perform their chosen dance. They can be used for ongoing assessment and provide a guide for students to demonstrate what they know. You can do this dance activity multiple times and still gain valuable experience due to the element of choice with the dice.
This dance activity package includes:
- 8 different dance creation activities for grades 1 & 2
- a word bank to help students describe their dance movements
- a quick reference for the specific expectations that correspond with each activity (Ontario Curriculum)
*** You Might Also Like ***
- My Ballet Workbook: Elements of Dance for Grades 1-3
- So You Think You Can Dance – Primary Dance Unit
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – ABOUT THE AUTHOR – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stageworthy by Widy creates performing arts lessons that help non-specialists teach the arts like rockstars.
My students loved making their dances this way! It was a blast!
This is a great resource for dance and movement. Makes dance choreography easy. We are grateful.