Can be used for K – 3rd, Homeschool
Mostly used with Kindergarten and 1st students.
Includes: PDF, 480 + calendar
You will love this bundle of weekly directed drawings for the entire school year! These printable directed drawing and writing activities are great for teaching drawing skills and following instructions. This bundle contains 50 different directed drawings that cover holidays and seasons for children in kindergarten through second grade.
Are you tired of looking for child-friendly, easy to teach directed drawing activities? This NO-PREP directed-drawing resource is kid-approved and easy to use. It can be used for both your art center or directed drawing lessons throughout the school year.
To improve your drawing skills, teach one guided drawing per week with the differentiated Drawing Materials. These directed drawings can be used in art lessons, for independent drawing, or mixed with seasonal writing.
You can create the perfect keepsake for your parents or make gifts for them. The Directed Drawing Calendar is NOW INCLUDED as a FREE BONUS for Directed Drawing Mat bundle owners! Get 2 months of Directed Drawing Calendar FREE when you buy the Bundle NOW!
Why Drawing mats are so important!
- Through repeated drawing activities, you will gain confidence and increase your skill.
- You will save time by having this resource ready for you.
- This resource is easy to use and requires no preparation. It can be used for individual drawing, group lessons, sub-plans or morning work.
- Drawing Mats can be adjusted to fit the needs of different learners. There is something for everyone with the many variations.
- They are easy to draw and designed to keep your interest high. The guided drawings are seasonal and feature holidays that children can relate to.
- The sheets can be used for each drawing or you can do them as part of a class lesson.
Drawing mats offer a lot of practice every week to improve drawing skills and follow step-by-step directions. You can color, paint or write about your creations.
What is included in each Month of Drawing Mats!
There are many variations!
- Each step is followed by students and they draw in the provided space.
- Follow each step in the order given and draw in the provided space.
- Each step can be read aloud from the instruction sheets or you can cut 6 sheets of the instruction sheet and staple them together to make a booklet. Follow the instructions and draw on either one of the two blank sheets provided, or your own art paper.
- Write a story about your drawing and complete the directed drawing. There are two versions: one with lines, and one with 6 steps.
- Extra writing sheets and a cover page are also included.
The PREVIEW shows Drawing Mats in closeup, as well as completed samples and the range of pages.
Included directed draws each month:
September/Back to School Directed Drawings
- Me (boy and girl self portrait)
- Fire Engine
- Apple Tree
- Book Worm
October/Halloween Directed Drawings
- Haunted House
- Jack O’ Lantern
November/Fall Directed Drawings
December Directed Drawings
- Gingerbread Man
- Festive Christmas Tree
January/Winter Directed Drawings
- Polar Bear
- New Year’s Baby
February Directed Drawings
- Valentine’s Day Heart Bear
- Tooth Fairy
- Chinese Dragon
March Directed Drawings
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun
- (The Cat in the Hat) Seuss
April/Spring Directed Drawings
- Easter Bunny
May/Spring Directed Drawings
- Mom (Mother’s Day)
June/Summer Directed Drawings
- Sea Turtle
- Dad (Father’s Day)
Teachers LOVE Drawing Mats!
““My kindergarten children love directed drawing activities. Directed drawing is a great way to build confidence in your students’ abilities and skills. I’ve seen timid artists turn into enthusiastic artists after several guided drawing experiences. The excitement and confidence they feel in their drawing translate into independent work. I love that the resource includes writing along with the drawings. My students love to write about their illustrations. This purchase has been a huge success for me. :)” ~ Tracy
“One of my favorite resources to use in the classroom. Because it’s so fun, my students consider this a reward. “Thank you.” ~Tonisha
“My kids LOVED this! They were so excited to be able to draw. They loved learning how to draw various things that corresponded with the theme they were working on at the time. This is a great resource! ~Julianne
You can view all of my monthly mat products HERE!
You can use the SEL program in every classroom!
Popular Bundles by Proud to be Primary:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at [email protected]
©2013 to Present – Proud to be Primary – Elyse Rycroft
I started off with the December and January drawings, but these were so engaging-that I knew I needed to have the entire bundle. The variety of options available is wonderful for differentiation.
This is one of my favourite resources for the classroom. Because it’s such a fun activity, my students consider this a reward. Thank you.