This can be used to homeschool from 4th through 10th grades.
Most commonly used by 7th grade students.
Includes PDF and 28 pages
Popular is pixel art. This is an interesting form of art that originates from 1970s videogames. One pixel refers to a tiny square within a larger picture. To create art, some artists only use small squares. However…
Students will be required to select one pixel image for the project. In just a few steps, they learn how to ‘DEPIXELIZE’ and create some original artwork!
Textures and gradients will be used.
It is an inspiring and creative assignment for students.
- Grades 4 and above
- Senior High School, and Junior High.
- (Gradient textures not in primary program
- Printing paper (8.5 x 11. inches).
- Photoscopies of pixels drawings (pg 14-23)
- Pixel sheets (pgs 34-37).
- Black marker
- Colored markers
- Black pencil crayons
- Tempera paint (or other water colours).
- Water and small paint brushes
- Use glue and scissors
- Optional: Coloured card
This document includes:
- Instructions for this project, including explanation photos
- Drawings 10 pixels
- There are 10 pages that show the evolution of each pixel.
- Criteria for evaluation
- An art appreciation questionnaire
This takes about four periods
Thank you for visiting my boutique !
Feedback is always welcome. I welcome your feedback.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). The link below will take you to more information:
For TpT credits, please click Provide Feedback
One credit for every $1 spent
50 credits equal $2.50 savings on your purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
They are loved by my students. These are great for those who have just finished.