This can be used by 9th-12th grade students.
Included: PDF, 10 Pages
This product would be a great choice for heritage speakers.
Your class should last eight days, based on class times of 57 minutes.
- Student creates a poster that depicts a family recipe
- Include the family’s history to explain why this particular recipe is so important in your family.
- Use personification in personification when writing a paragraph.
- Student posters presented to the class
- Students can prepare and bring their own recipe to class (optional, for additional credit).
A few episodes I have shown of Taco ChroniclesStudents can learn about personification using Netflix. Students will find many examples of Spanish creativity and learn how to apply this skill throughout their educational path.
- Project instructions & rubric (2 pages)
- Instructions for teachers (4 pages).
- 4 student examples
- All materials for Spanish-speaking students
- English teacher instructions
This product can’t be edited.
Two blog posts provide more information about the project.
- Photo Essay: A “Family Favorite” Recipe Project for Heritage Spanish Class
- Taco Chronicles in Heritage Spanish Class: Personification Teaching
Also, you might like: Latinos influyentes – un proyecto para la clase de hispanohablantes