This can be used to teach 1st through 8th grades, Homeschoolers.
Includes PDF and 19 pages
An art project which highlights autumn and reveals Vincent Van Gogh’s impressionist paintings is featured here.
Students will use superimposition to create art with squash/pumpkins. Students will colour their projects in the style of the impressionists.
Amazing results can be achieved by using tempera and oil pastels.
- Grades 1 and above
- Cool and warm colors
- Different kinds of lines : (curved, short, thin, thick)
- White paper, 11×17 inches
- Black wax crayons
- Oil pastels
- Tempera paint (hard pucks)
This document includes:
- This project requires detailed instructions with explanation photos.
- Criteria for evaluation
- Four pages of illustrations of squash and pumpkins
- This sheet will help you to introduce Van Gogh or other impressionist painters.
- An « artwork appreciation” with suggested answers.
We are grateful that you visited my shop!
Your feedback is most welcome.
I value your feedback as it helps me improve my resources. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
Click the below link to learn more:
For TpT credits, please click Provide Feedback
One credit for every $1 spent
50 Credits = 2.50 on a Purchase
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
It has been the absolute favourite art project of my eight-year old daughter this year. I keep getting enticed by her constant requests to create another spring-themed project. She was captivated by the project throughout, despite it being challenging. She cannot overstate the feeling of pride and satisfaction at completing this project. While she lacks confidence with her art, and often gets frustrated when given directed drawings assignments, the sight of the end result kept her inspired throughout this project. She’s gotten so many compliments on her work! We are grateful for your help with this project.
This was the resource I chose over zoom. My children followed the directions and I did everything as instructed. It was a great success. It was a great idea. Although I’m not an artist, the instructions made it simple. This resource is amazing!This is a great resource!