It can be used by Homeschool, 2nd and 4th-grade students.
Included: PDF, 16 Pages
You will find 7 prompts for Thanksgiving to help you create your class quilt display. This is an engaging and fun Thanksgiving activity, which combines art and writing. Your students will love it!
The Key Features
- This package contains seven writing prompts.
- These Thanksgiving writing prompts come in two formats: 4×4 or 2×2 pages. Choose the format you like!
- As many prompts as you want. You can use one or all of them.
- You can have students complete the exact same square, or you can do different. Print the pages you like and then use them.
- To create a Thanksgiving quilt display, the quilt squares are meant to be put together.
- The Thanksgiving craft combines art and writing to make the quilt.
- You can use it as part of a cooperative project to create a writing centre.
- This creates a stunning display, and the students are proud of what they have done.
- They are perfect for celebrating Fall/Autumn’s start.
- Writing prompts for quilts were designated as suitable for second, third and fourth grade.
- These have been used by some teachers, but they may not be enough space to allow students to use. However, the copier can enlarge them.
- Teachers also reported that the quilts have been used with students in 5th through 8th grades.
Take Advantage of the Bundle – This Writing Prompts Quilt is also available with 13 other seasonal Writing Prompts Quilt sets. All are available individually or together in a bundle for savings of over 40%.
Available at – Writing Prompts Quilt Bundle
These 7 prompt sheets can be used to help you write.
Square of Thankful Poetry Quilt
I am Thankful Quilt Square
Interview with a Pilgrim
One Day at the Mayflower
Thanksgiving Feast Quilt Square
Don’t Eat Me Quilt Square
Turkey Facts and Opinions
This is a fun activity that can be done in the classroom to celebrate Thanksgiving. Perfect for Thanksgiving Literacy Centers.
The PDF file can then be converted to digital using Easel. Easel Activity PDF pages can be modified using Easel, and sent to students via Google Classroom. Google Classroom is required to access Easel.
There are many writing quilts available.
This may be a good alternative to –
Also Available – Thanksgiving Boom Cards
Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts from Games 4 Learning (this seller):
CLICK HERE to become a follower and receive updates.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases: Remember to leave feedback for the products you purchase so that you earn your free TpT Credits which are redeemable on future purchases.
Hope the kids enjoy creating this Quilt Display!
My students loved this activity. I even had several ask if they could take extra pages home to make another quilt at home. We used the “Thankful for” one and we made quilts for students to present to their families for Thanksgiving. They were well received.
My students really enjoyed this, especially the acrostic poem. They loved seeing all of their work come together and displayed in the classroom!